Friday, December 24, 2010

Driving Home Christmas Eve...



I know that for those who have been pastors for a long time, Christmas may seem like a lot of work. There are so many extra services and pastoral care issues. You don't get to take time off like everyone else. You have to lead the worship services where everyone else celebrates.

Well... it has been a bit of a different experience for me. It is only my first year as a senior pastor. It is a small church. There have certainly been a fair share of pastoral care issues. But we have less services than normal. Most people are out of town. But that is not why it has been a different experience. It is simply the fact that I have had to lead worship... and so I have had to focus continually on the spiritual aspects of the season. And the fact that I chose to step out of my normal Christmas routine and found myself embraced by a new church family as well as my old one.

So, instead of a reflection, this is a thank you. A thank you to my church and to God for shaking things up a bit this year. God tends to do that, doesn't God?

13 comments:

Una said...

Merry Christmas and "you're welcome," Jo Ann!

Dulantha said...

Happy Christmas .....!

downlights said...

It was very nice blog and got lots of information .Thanks

downlights said...

Merry Christmas

Alaska Fishing Lodge said...

Merry Christmas also I wish all the best.. for this year..

Alaska Fishing Lodge

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Love your site. I can tell you have a wonderful eye for photography. :-)

I am a graphic design student so I really appreciated the black and white beauty of this picture.

Veronica "Rogue"

JLTan said...

Yes, God does tne dto do great things in surprising ways.

My Christmas thoughts are on http://noconvert.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-presents.html

Kraneia said...

"But that is not why it has been a different experience. It is simply the fact that I have had to lead worship"

Your phrasing struck me a bit, I don't think you meant it that way though. You didn't *have* to do anything. You were chosen. ;)

Just a thought, from a passing wayfarer (who doesn't do church much)

Scratch

Lydia Vera Cruz said...

queridos pastores... estava vendo alguns blogger e acabei encontrando o de vocês... sou brasileira e serva do Senhor Jesus Cristo, fico muito feliz de saber que o evangelho de Jesus Cristo também está sendo pregado em outras partes da terra, isto é sinal que Jesus em breve voltará...se puder me segue no blogger vou ficar muito feliz de ter vocês lá... fiquem com Deus!

Pooja Neemey said...

nice blog

pooja said...

very nice blog

Bookwoman said...

I just discovered your blog. I hope you haven't stopped writing!

Emilia said...

That picture is awesome :)