Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Reaching


Reaching
Originally uploaded by auntjojo

"I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands." Psalm 63.2-3

We reach out to a God who seems to high above, so distant, so glorious. Praise erupts from our lips because of God's goodness and mercy. This... this is the same God who came to earth, who took on human form, who is walking towards Jerusalem, towards certain death on our behalf. This is the God who loves us so immeasurably that God will strive to find a way to stay in relationship with us despite our sin and failings. Lent reminds us of the depth of God's love for us. May we erupt in continual praise.

No comments: